• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus P5K Deluxe Issues V.2 - Temperature

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

nkcd

I'm having strange temperature reports with the following Overclocking specs:

CPU: E4300 @ 333x9 - 1.35Vcore, 1.25V NB
HS: Scythe Ninja w/ yate-loon 120mm
Mobo: P5K Dlx
RAM: 4x1GB 2T Crucial DDR2-1000 Balistix @ 2:3 ratio

Upon first assembling & starting the PC, I'm getting good temps.

Idle:

Ambient:19C
CPU: 19C
Mobo:30C

Orthos 3hrs Load:

Ambient 19C
CPU:39C
Mobo: 40C

On the same day, I've tried OC my CPU to 333x9 = 3GHZ. New temps are:

Idle:

Ambient:19C
CPU: 28C
Mobo:35C

Orthos 8hrs Load:

Ambient 19C
CPU:42C
Mobo: 50C

Everything was okay until the next day, with the same OC specs,

Idle:

Ambient:23C
CPU: 38C
Mobo:35C

Orthos 10min Load:

Ambient: 22C
CPU:65C
Mobo: 52C

The temperature sky-rocketed from idle @ 38C to 58C in couple seconds after I started Orthos, then slowly creeps to 65C within the next minute.

I've tried resit the CPU, lapped the Scythe ninja, CPU temps only improved about 3C at idle and load.

The weird thing is that, when I feel the temp at the base of the Ninja, it's very cool, not l ike 60+ Celcius like reported. While the NB HS and heatpipe are hot (like how they supposed to according to the 50C mobo temp)

The CPU temp was read from Asus AI, Asus Probe, and Core temps (reporting both core temperatures about the same, +/- 1C).

Anyone else experience the same???? I don't know why it's reporting that high but the temp on the pipe and the base of the Scythe Ninja is very cool.

Last edited:
Same issue here until I enabled under Advanced/Advanced CPU settings PECI to enabled. Some users have said that it has affected their overclocking, but right now I am at 8x450fsb & no issues at all. Load temps at core are still a bit high at 1.40V, I am hitting 62c after orthos 3hr mark. My room temp is hot here in Texas at 76-77 degrees. I added a couple high volume case fans & it helped alot but the wife said that it was too noisy so I have a couple SilentX 120mm fans on order that are 90cfm at 18db that should drop temps some more. Try using Speedfan & make sure that heatsink is seated.

SlackAdjuster

Thanks,

Did you tried using coretemp and speedfan to read the same times? Mine were 2 different results.

Just like you, Disabled PECI made the Asus Probe II read the same as Coretemp. But re-enabled made it read the same as speedfan. :lol:

I'll play with it some more today.

Same here as well. It has to be a Bios issue. The only thing I know to do is to check with a temp probe which I do not have.

SlackAdjuster

Back