• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus P5P43TD PRO doesn't POST with new HyperX 1600 RAM

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Zachyx

I wanted to get more RAM for my older PC (CPU Q8400 on Asus P5P43TD). The motherboards' specs say it works with 1600Mhz RAM so I bought 8GB of Kingston HyperX Blu (Kit 2x4GB), code KHX1600C9D3B1K2/8GX.

I already have the latest version of BIOS but it doesn't POST for the life of me (fans are working, black screen, no beeps). I tried inserting only one stick (tried all 4 slots). I tried both sticks in slots 1 and 3, both sticks in slots 2 and 4, still no luck.

When I put back my old RAM (2x2048 Kingston Value RAM) it works just fine. Everything in BIOS is set to AUTO.

I'm sure the memory is fine but I just can't get it to work. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

I wanted to get more RAM for my older PC (CPU Q8400 on Asus P5P43TD). The motherboards' specs say it works with 1600Mhz RAM so I bought 8GB of Kingston HyperX Blu (Kit 2x4GB), code KHX1600C9D3B1K2/8GX.

I already have the latest version of BIOS but it doesn't POST for the life of me (fans are working, black screen, no beeps). I tried inserting only one stick (tried all 4 slots). I tried both sticks in slots 1 and 3, both sticks in slots 2 and 4, still no luck.

When I put back my old RAM (2x2048 Kingston Value RAM) it works just fine. Everything in BIOS is set to AUTO.

I'm sure the memory is fine but I just can't get it to work. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

I would manually set it to stock clocks and raise the VDIMM to 1.65V before inserting the sticks.

Last edited:
Back