• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

asus p6t bios help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dirty i5

Registered
ok so i got an asus p6t mobo and i want to get a intel i7 980 or 970, and im unsure if the mobo will support the hex core because on asus website it says since bios 1408 and my bios label is 0603 on the sticker on the board, now i call asus and there customer service sucked and i could bearly understand the guy and he said it will work. im confused, i need help lol :confused: . it doesnt make sense the asus would put out bios 1408 and then later put out bios 0603. can i update my bios to support the hex core and do i need the cpu to get into the bios to update it and then im thinking i need a quad core to update the bios to put in the hex core, please help

According to the CPU support list, rev. 1303 added support for the 970, and rev. 1408 added support for the 980. And you can update the BIOS to the latest revision w/ your current CPU installed.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    16.4 KB · Views: 221
Thank you I was just checking, but if I buy the 980 can I update with that CPU I there? I have a second computer to get the bios download

Back