• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus P6T Deluxe V2 OC help please

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Here are the current results. After running idle for 3 hours (at 3.8 Ghz-with the fans on 100%) CPU temp 36 (on max core). Gpu temp 34. Water temp 23*. Ambient case temp 21*

CPU Voltage: 1.25
QPI/DRAM Core: 1.25 (I could likely go lower, but at these temps should I even care???)
IOH Voltage: 1.3 (this is a must)
DRAM bus voltage: 1.66
Set multiplier to 20 and BLCK to 190
Memory loosened to 9-9-9-24

Going to bump the BLK up to 200 and check it again at idle. If still happy then I'll run some stress tests (prime95 small and LinX).... it turns out I had 2 problems...
1) using voltages geared for the CO, not the DO... I should have trusted my gut and used good old trial and error rather than baseline off of an old guide... oops.
2) having comodo installed which was running all the processor threads at near max... this was a PAIN to uninstall too.

After a 24 hour stress at 4 gigs... I'll see what the temp is... I want to back off the fans to maintain 75* at max heat load (for noise concerns... near silence is key).

Thanks again for all of the help!

This has been an unusual ride.

I thought I was achieving some form of stability after the comodo removal… but the computer would randomly lock up during idle and stress tests alike.

First of all I believe I am now stable, very quiet, and cool at 3.8 Ghz.

21 ambient, 28 max water temp (in the reservoir), 36 idle cpu, 71 load cpu, fans all at 60% rpm, 32 gpu idle, 51 gpu load. I am able to run prime95 (small, large, and mixed) for 12 hours with no problem. One 24 hour test with a maxed out LinX and a prime 95 small test at the same time ran without a hitch.

CPU Voltage: 1.24
QPI/DRAM Core: 1.24
IOH Voltage: 1.3
DRAM bus voltage: 1.66
Set multiplier to 20 and BLCK to 190
Memory loosened to 9-9-9-24
Speedstep, hyperthreading, turbo, c-state all disabled.

Here is what has been happening. As I mentioned the screen would randomly lock. I set everything back to stock and had the same problem. No memtest86 problems, no other unusual problems found. Eventually the PC would not even boot. The MOBO power/reset switches where powered, but no response. The issue is that the cmos PEG on the on position was not attached to the MOBO! No solder was even in the hole… no peg was to be found… however the jumper was in place hiding this bo-boo. I have since soldered on a peg (pulled from an old ide hard drive), replaced the cmos store jumper, and viola… no problems.

I should actually have some pics of the rig up soon.

Thanks for all the help everyone… now I think I may bump things up just a bit as it appears the water is more than cool enough.

Back