• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

asus p8z77, i7 turbo issue

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

s002wjh

I purchase the above set recently, and notice my cpu clock always run at max turbo ratio 45(4.5ghz) even when its idling, however if i open task manager the turbo ratio go back down to 16(1.6ghz), if i closed the task manager, the speed go back to 4.5ghz and never lower even when idle. is this normal?

spec
p8z77 pro, 3770k, 32GN G.skill, win7 SP1

here is list of things i try
bio update 11/09/12 verison
driver update novermber version
unstall aisuite evo, digi power in win7
tweak some bio setting
none fix the issue

Instead of using Task Manager to read the current clock speed, open CPU-Z to the CPU tab and read the value from the Core Speed field. You might also want to list what you have PPM, EIST, and CxE set to under the CPU Features tab in the BIOS.

ill check the PPM, EIST, and CxE later tonight

i'm using both CPUz and hwmonitor to monitor the frequency.
it jus weird if i open task manger in win7 during idle, the cpu speed slow to 1.6ghz, if i close it, the frequency will go to max turbo ratio

i'm using cpuz, asuite, hwmonitor all latest its showing the same. when task mgr is open and cpu is idle, the power draw/speed is low, but when task mgr is closed, all 3 tools shows more power draw/max frequency running even its idle.

disable/enable eist/speedstep/c1e/aisuite don't work. i'm out of ideas. maybe i need reinstall my win7?

Back