• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

asus p8z77 v pro driver help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sgtstaine

Hi all,

I have some questions relating to the drivers on the Asus P8Z77 – V Pro. This is my first build with an Asus motherboard and I’d appreciate some tips.

Firstly, what drivers do I need to install from this page here:

http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/Intel_Socket_1155/P8Z77V_PRO/#download

In order to get all of the features of the board 100% up-to-date? Do I need to install them all? If so, does it matter what order I do them in or does it have to be in order of release? I am asking particularly about the Utilities drivers as there are quite a few of them and some of them seem to have overlapping content.

Alternatively should I just use the CD supplied? I am concerned that this would not give me the latest drivers. However, it may have an automatic update program on it, does anyone know if it does or not?

Secondly, which of the drivers contains the RAID drivers? I’m assuming it’s one of the Intel RST drivers, but whereabouts in the driver is the RAID driver sitting? I ask because I want to install my OS (Windows 7 HP) on a RAID 0 setup of two 256GB Crucial M4 SSD’s, and I’ll need to load the RAID driver from a USB pendrive before the OS install commences.

Finally, relating to my SSD RAID 0 drive, does anyone know if a Beta version of IRST 11.5 is out compatible with my system? I found one here:

http://drivers.softpedia.com/get/Ot...tall-Driver-11501153-Beta-for-Windows-8.shtml

But I don’t know whether I can trust it. Maybe I should wait for the official update to be released from Intel or Asus...?

other specs:

i7 3770k CPU
16gb 1866 corsair vengence RAM
corsiar h60 cooler, carbide 500r case
gigabyte OC gtx 680 GPU
2*256gb crucial m4 ssd's (RAID 0) (boot drive)
2tb Seagate barracude HDD
samsung bluray optical drive
novatech 750w modular PSU

I realise that’s a lot of questions, so thanks for all of your help

bump..i am also about to build up my new p8z77-v pro..i found a lot of forums talking about how the bios update broke speedstep...none of them ever had a solution or anything..does anyone know about this and how to check if speed step is working or not? thanks

Back