• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ASUS p8z77-v pro , i5 3570k overclock

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

amppp

These are my specs
CPU: i5 3570k
RAM: samsung nm30 green 8 GB 1600
Motherboard: ASUS p8z77-v pro
GPU: geforce gtx 660Ti

I have stock 3.4 GHz. Does anyone have these specs and OC'd to 4.0 or 4.2 GHz stable ? If yes please let me know.

If not , can someone tell me if i can achieve this without too much heating? i have normal cooling, 4 fans in a CM storm scout case. Im a noob at OCing so please help. Thank you.:)

Edit: Also i play FPS games (mainly counter-strike : global offensive). Will OCing improve my fps?

Last edited:
For a 4.0Ghz clock you shouldn't need to change anything besides the multipliers (Core Ratio Limit) to 40, as the default Vcore (no more than 1.1v) should be sufficient. For a 4.2GHz clock, figure in the neighborhood of 1.1-1.2v depending on the quality of your chip.

Thank you ! do you think this change will impact fps ? as far as i know CS GO is a CPU intensive game.

my personal overclock on my 3570k hold stable at 5 ghz at 1.28 vcore, but thats pretty unrealistic for your needs and i have a pretty rare chip. 4.5 ghz should be achievable by almost all these chips at 1.25 vcore. you can adjust the vcore down if needed to find your stable power limits so you not over doing it.

given you are on stock cooling i would not go past the stock turbo core frequency. mainly because the stock cooler is a paper weight. invest in a nice air cooler like the CM evo 212 and you will not be dissapointed they are relatively cheap as well like 32 bucks or something from newegg. not exactly sure

Back