• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus prime Z370-A cooler installation problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SergeyDertan

I have mb asus prime z370-A and cpu cooler be quiet pure rock (BK009)
When I tried to install it I`ve got a problem: gape between element 9 and element 14(on the both side) gape photo, scheme
Idk if problem with a mb or cooler.
more photos: 1 2
I worry if it can cause problems
gape.jpg scheme.png more1.jpg more2.jpg more3.jpg

Last edited:
Please attach pictures directly to your posts. There is a built-in forum tool for doing this. To access it just click on the Go Advanced button at the lower right corner of any new post window.

It is very, very hard to see the gap you speak of but I'm wondering if the cooler's base or it's retention bracket might be resting on the top of the row of capacitors on one side of the socket.

Tighten it down (12). That screw is barely in there. It's meant to be tightened till it stops. If it stopped already, you have it crossthreaded.

done, I think I need to hide images but idk how. No, no one part of cooler dont touch capacitors

- - - Auto-Merged Double Post - - -

I worry if it may cause much pressure and damage mb or cpu

The cooler manufacturers design the mounting systems to create the proper amount of pressure by tightening the screws all the way. That's what those plastic spacers are for that go between the mounting bracket and the motherboard.

I take it this is your first experience in installing an aftermarket cooler.

The cooler manufacturers design the mounting systems to create the proper amount of pressure by tightening the screws all the way. That's what those plastic spacers are for that go between the mounting bracket and the motherboard.

I take it this is your first experience in installing an aftermarket cooler.

ok, thx

Back