• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus RAMPAGE II GENE

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
indeed there is a mem-ok feature, according to the LCD display that comes with the board. that you have to hook up, it showed 3 different profiles it tries. neat feature if you ask me but in my case it didnt help since the issue is the bios. the mem-ok is a button you press near the start/reset button.

Evilsizer, how are things going with your Gene?

I'm slowly climbing 200Mhz a day, and it's looking quite good.

i havent been able to put as much time into ocing the i7 as my past rigs...hope fully this weekend will be more productive then last sunday, i need a bios update first, then reinstall OCZ PS520 psu.

why are u running XP?? just wondering seems like an very old OS to running on such a new system?

why are u running XP?? just wondering seems like an very old OS to running on such a new system?
XP is fine for gaming Vista doesnt have much to offer in that area over XP. not to mention Win7 will be out down the road. win7 is suppose to be a more refined Vista and im not one that is willing to spend 150+ each time for a OS. if windows gaming was perfected for linux, that is where i would be. :)

that case remined me of the raidmax and the BGears at newegg... got me thinking how you might be able to put wc setup in that case..

nice MassiveOverkill. :)

my board will be here today (had ram waiting) but no CPUs - my CPU from the Classified section and the D0 from tankguys both get here tomorrow :(

another night with e8600.

lol time wapred post yet agian! my clock said 12:18 cnt but the forum say i posted at 12:15. o_O

i think doc brown is messing with out server...

not it just said to wait 30secs between posts, this is the only new post :eek:

Thanks ChinStrap.............I can't wait to get a D0.............I foresee 4.3-4.5 in your future ;)

Evilsizer, If I decide to go back to watercooling, I already have a plan on how to fit a dual 120 internally in that case.

Last edited:
just for starts....

lots of new stuff to learn. all bios overclocking. i thought this was a good place to go to sleep. voltage settings are FAR from final.

gettinggoing.jpg

Glad to see you git it all up and running. That's a lot of voltage for a D0 to reach 4ghz. Have you tried less?

Back