• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus rampage IV extreme/Bios - need help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ponzo

Hi!

My brother thought he does me a favor by trying to update and overclock my bios, sadly he f'ed something up and my framerate is horrendous in most games.

My Specs:
im aware of http://event.asus.com/2012/mb/usb_bios_flashback_guide/ , but sadly it doesnt work with my 32gb usb stick, someone told me i would need a smaller one, is there any way i can flash/reset my bios without a small usb stick?

Thanks up front!

There should be software available to flash the BIOS from the desktop. I know there is such a utility in the Al Suite software. I think it's called EZ Update.

i might have been overly excited, in some games the fps are still terrible, and when i install a new/any graphics driver, my pc goes into bluescreen, heres a picture of the bluescreen text

Peculiar you saw a FPS increase as Bios flashing has nothing to do with FPS... The BIOS' job is done after you boot really..

EDIT: Ok, I see he messed with settings... you were unstable is all, but the bios itself has nothing to do with FPS. A simple reset of the bios should have resolved the issue.

As far as the image...(host internally - I cannot see it from the office as it is blocked) OCFinsertimages.png

Again, my office blocks any external hosting. others can see it... its just me. However, it is really best to attach to the forums as most of these sites, the pictures go away after time.

ah, i found why i couldnt upload a picture, didnt get the activation mail, heres the picture

Attachments

• 20140313_174839.jpg
    20140313_174839.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 91
My suggestion is this... DL a program called driver cleaner pro (its free) and install it. Boot to safe mode, and run it to clean out all Nvidia/AMD drivers. Reboot. Let windows find a default driver. Reboot. Now try to install the drivers.

What driver is currently installed if you cannot install any?

Give a screenshot of GPUz...

heres the screenshot, i was installing the nvidia geforce 335.23 graphics driver, and it bluescreened

Attachments

• 2.gif
    2.gif
    22.7 KB · Views: 90
Looks installed to me...

What are you gauging performance off of? What games? What settings? What resolution is your monitor?

i have two 680's. each has a monitor with 1920x1080, but my framerate sucks on high settings for most of the games, some even with lower settings, thats what i cant understand. with SLI im getting 5 fps more at max

What I would do is this... start over.

Use the driver cleaner thing in safe mode as mentioned. Power down. REMOVE one 680, boot and follow the installation method above. Once that goes well, then power down and install your second card.

Just wish to mention Nvidia has certain problems with the newer driver release of late! Which is affecting certain cards and causing crashes, some people find it better to go back to 332.21!! Until they have found a fix!

AJ.

Back