• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus Rampage IV Extreme OC Issues

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

garnerlogan65

Hey guys, I'm new here so please forgive me if I posted in the wrong section or anything.

Last year, I built my rig, which has an Asus Rampage IV Extreme X79 motherboard. The specs are as follows:

• CPU: Intel Core i7 4960X 6-core Ivy-E
  • Motherboard: (listed above, but I'll list it here anyway) Asus Rampage IV Extreme
  • RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB Quad-channel
  • GPU: 2x EVGA GTX 780s
  • Cooling: Cooler Master Seidon Liquid cooler

Ever since then, I've had trouble trying to overclock. No matter which BIOS I've used (I'm currently on the latest revision), when I go to OC the CPU and set the AI Tuner to "Manual," the CPU Core Ratio fields are grayed out and I can't adjust them at all, the BCLK fields are also grayed out, and the only option I can adjust in relation to the CPU clock is the CPU strap and CPU level up functions, but I want to adjust the multiplier and no matter what I do, it won't let me.

Any ideas?

*If any additional information is needed, let me know.

Thanks.

Try clearing CMOS including pulling the battery out for about 10 mins.

Back