• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus Rampage Question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Nycatt

Registered
I'm looking for another set of USB 2.0 pins for an internal card reader. The unit I'm looking at has 3.0 for the readers and 2.0 for the ports. The Rampage manual only shows one set of USB1314 pins, another that can be used for either USB 2.0 or ROG and I see another 2 sets of 8 pins right above it with the markings USB 1112. The other USB 2.0 have 9 Pins. These pins are not identified in the manual and I would like to confirm what they are before I plug anything onto them.

Attachments

• mobo.jpg
    mobo.jpg
    230.6 KB · Views: 2,847
I think the USB 1112 markings are for the USB ports associated with the ROG Extension header. The pins you are asking about are not USB headers or they would be 9-pin. My guess is they are SPI headers which are used at the factory for various testing procedures.

I think the USB 1112 markings are for the USB ports associated with the ROG Extension header. The pins you are asking about are not USB headers or they would be 9-pin. My guess is they are SPI headers which are used at the factory for various testing procedures.

Ok that makes more sense and I also notice the thin arrow going from the USB1112 to the port below.

Thanks for the help.

Back