• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ASUS Rampage V code 00 - please help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

animalmom

Registered
I have the below system that has been running without an issue for 2 years. It is not oveclocked, it is water cooled.

ASUS Rampage 5 edition 10 4x16 GB
Corsair Dominator Platinum Series DDR4 64GB 4x16GB
Intel Core I7 6850k Samsung 960 Pro M.2 2280 Mz-V6p1t0
2x Titan X Pascal GPU
EVGA Supernova 1200 P2 PSU

This morning when I turned it on it did not post. the motherboard says code 00. The motherboard appears to be getting power, all the fans work, the pump works, the LEDs on the motherboard work. The EVGA bridge lights up between the Video Cards.

After a time the four memory lights are glowing (on the motherboard). The Ln2 switch is off.

Can you recommend debug steps please. Would you swap out the CPU or the board first?

Have never had an issue like this. Would appreciate any help.

00 is typically cpu..

Try clearing the cmos and leave it unplugged for a while and see if it posts then.

Thanks - on the motherboard there is a button below the on/off switch that says “reset”. It’s a round button - is that reset CMOS? Hold for ten seconds?

oh actually I think it is the button on the back of the case

Tried Resetting CMOS no gop

Removed all the memory - no good

I guess next is to try a new CPU or test the old one - should I remove it and get it tested? How does one do that? Or just get another CPU?

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks - on the motherboard there is a button below the on/off switch that says “reset”. It’s a round button - is that reset CMOS? Hold for ten seconds?

oh actually I think it is the button on the back of the case
Check your manual. :)

Tried Resetting CMOS no gop

Removed all the memory - no good

I guess next is to try a new CPU or test the old one - should I remove it and get it tested? How does one do that? Or just get another CPU?

Depends if you have any shops locally that can test for you... do you have any? If not, you'll need to get another CPU.

So currently I have

Intel® Core™ i7-6850K Processor (15M Cache, up to 3.80 GH

Should I just get a replacement (225 USD on Amazon) or is there one that will give better performance (is there a sweet spot)? Mine is two years old - assume I should buy something else as an upgrade?

Why would you upgrade if you don't know what's causing your issue? You need to address the issue FIRST before you got throwing money out the window. Get a used/cheap cpu first. One that is on your motherboard's supported cpu list. Then you'll know if it's the CPU or the motherboard that is causing your problem(s). After that, then you can decide.

ok thanks. That seems sensible. not really sure how to get used ones but i’ll look into it thanks

Thanks - unfortunately in Hong Kong- I’m going to pull the CPU and take it down to the computer center and see if they can test it for me.

Back