• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ASUS ROG Maximus IX Extreme $60 after rebate and coupon code!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Somebody on slickdeals left a comment that this board can be modified to work with 8th and 9th gen processors. Is it doable? Does anyone knows a manual on how to do such mode?

Is it still a good buy at $100? The reviews are really bad as mentioned. The watter cooling block is aluminum, which is second grade as I understand. Is it possible to use air cooling for cpu with this motherboard, or the water block covers some of the parts of the mobo that are designed to be cooled by this waterblock.

Also is it a good idea to buy this mobo for a new system is you would have to buy a 6 or 7 gen processor, which are older than the current generation offered by intel?
Found this processor near me. https://miami.craigslist.org/brw/sop/d/fort-lauderdale-intel-core-i-cpu/6849353884.html
Does it look to good to be true?
What could be my options to test it or how to test it when buying it on craigslist? Have anyone done it? I was thinking to get mobo first and bring the case to some place like Starbucks and Try to install CPU there and see if it is running. Is it an option or too crazy? Please share your experiences with buying from strangers if any.

Back