• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ASUS ROG Zenith... bad reviews on Amazon and Newegg. Why?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

carlito77

I've been keeping an eye on the asus zenith extreme board cos many of the 'experts' are saying this is the board to go with the new TR CPUs. I'm waiting for the ryzen 2950x to come out. My question is, why has this board gotten so many bad reviews on Amazon and Newegg?

Because they are average users with the majority fairly clueless. About the only thing you can take away from those reviews is DOA and systemic problems.

Moved to your own thread since this has nothing to do with the action of overclocking a system. :)

Typically retail sites get more people who take the time to review something whe they're upset about it. Many "happy" users don't bother. It's also possible there's a lack of knowledge on the users' end.
Check reputable review sites, you'll get better info
Nice Necro BTW

Typically retail sites get more people who take the time to review something whe they're upset about it. Many "happy" users don't bother. It's also possible there's a lack of knowledge on the users' end.
Check reputable review sites, you'll get better info
Nice Necro BTW

^QFT. As I recall from sales training at a (then) major retailer, an unhappy customer will tell 11 people, a happy one 2-3. With the advent of a global stage online, just tack "million" to the end of 11. The 2 or 3 stays the same. :D

Since there are only a couple of motherboards for TR then nearly all are working good. Sales are low but manufacturers focus to provide fully stable, problem-free X399 motherboards. Read it as less models = manufacturer works to make them good, many models = not enough time to solve all possible issues and tune BIOS for everything.
I'm really satisfied with my X399 mobo and it's not even the flagship version.

Back