• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ASUS RVE and DDR4-3000

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Woomack

Benching Team Leader
I'm just wondering if anyone made DDR4-3000 memory work without issues on ASUS Rampage V Extreme. I mean from time to time I get "bd" error code ( sometimes different one ) regardless of settings and then I can make it work pushing that new magical retry button on board. What is interesting it's not happening at 2666 or 3200. Actually it's easier to run my memory at 3200 than 3000.

Metal is the only one I know with this board around here, I would check KPC and XS as well

On KPC some have problems, some not ( or don't care as they are only benching ) on about the same setups ( hard to make something much different with available parts ;) ). I don't have problems with benching as I can make it run stable at 3000 or higher but it's annoying that board which is supporting memory above 3200 has problems with booting at 3000. Maybe it's BIOS issue or something else, I'm not sure. I'm more curious if someone can make it boot each time at 3000 without any errors. Many users are using it for gaming and in closed case you simply can't push the retry button ;)

I thought it can be my memory but I just got for tests Kingston 3000 kit ( sadly have to send it back when I finish ) and it's acting exactly the same as 2 other kits. 2 of tested kits are running at 3200 with 100MHz bclk fully stable and are booting everytime without errors.

I am sure you have tried all the BIOS on their site

Shammy have any special sauce BIOS files available for it ?

Nope, he posted 2 versions after others were already asking for fix to the same issues. One version helped with higher clock but not with "bd" error code. I can live with 3200, it's no big problem for me :) It's just weird how it's acting ... once again we are beta testers :p
Btw. I forgot to tell you , XTU fixed OC Panel issues. I had to reinstall it with framework etc. but finally made it work so thanks for the info :)

Back