• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus Sabertooth 990FX 4100 MHz unstable

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
RGone is right ...... I am running this X8370 4.9HZ although I am Prime Bend stable 5+ [email protected] GHZ ...... why ..... less VCore, Less Heat, less stress on parts. Just like when I street raced my Vett or now while driving as a courier where people pay me .... pretty well to be in a rush for them. You can't always run balls to the wall eventually you burn out or things catch up to you. The extra is always there if you really need it, we all make our choices on how we do things here with our systems and it is easy for someone else to say do this or that but in the end it is your stuff. I know if I push too hard and burn out my system I can go to Computer Depot or Newegg tomorrow and buy new and start over. In the end it is your choice.

Last edited:
Most of us that have overclocked for years and use our rigs in an overclocked state...usually get P95 Blend mode stable and then back off 50 or 100 Mhz for insurance. No amount of stress testing is 100% accurate. So we get our measure of perceived safety and then back it down a little to take care of that percentage of incidents that P95 Blend is never able to unearth since 2 hours might seem stable alright but what about 8 hours? You see the logic? Hehehe. Let me put it this way. I am fully able to run 80Mhz faster than my daily clock of the rig am on now. I run without that 80Mhz since I do not want some odd crap hitting me when I go into "edit family video mode". Just FYI. We are always talking of overclocking but never how to actually use the thing afterwards. I would never want to think I had my shett pushed up against the bumper stop and hope it would stay good for 24/7 type use. YMMV.
RGone...

Once I feel good about where I am in the overclock, I probably will do that. Thanks for the advice.

Back