• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ASUS VG248 + XFX Radeon HD 6870 intermittent blank screen

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ANIMASANA

Hi all,

I bought the ASUS VG248 1ms monitor about a week ago. Since I've been using it I've noticed that I will get an intermittent blank screen. It happens typically when I am playing games but it actually did it at the desktop when I was pulling up chrome to write this thread. Basically the screen goes completely black as if it lost input for about 3-5 seconds then comes back fine. Not really sure where to start my troubleshooting on this one. Should I suspect my video card? I have two monitors connected to the same card and the other monitor is a back lit LED also from ASUS and has been fine for years. Both are connected with DVI and I have only display 1 enabled in windows which is the VG248. Have not tried swapping the cable but that is probably where I will start. I also have not installed any of the ASUS drivers so I might try that as well but I figured since everything is pnp that shouldnt be an issue. I have a PS4 hooked up to the HDMI port on the same monitor that is giving me issues and have not had issues with about 20 hours of use so far. Any thoughts? Much appreciated... thanks a ton as usual. Much <3 ocers!

Considering you mentioned HDMI hooked up and going fine, I'd start with the cable as that sounds like the likely suspect.

Can order a cheap DisplayPort cable from monoprice as well if you want to go that route.

Okay, sounds like a good plan. It's hooked up with DVI. My video card does not have a display port connection. But I can swap DVI cables from the working monitor to the suspect and see if things improve. I will try that and game again and report back. Thanks for the tip!

Coll thanks! I will look into that. FYI I am an idiot and this card has two mini display ports. Super genius mode today... :bang head:bang head:bang head:bang head

- - - Updated - - -

might run out and buy a display port cable and try that.

I returned the monitor. New one working fine with DVI. Just thought I would post a result in case anyone else encounters a similar problem.

Certainly appreciate you posting back here with the results. Sounds like it may have just been a dead port then, it sucks, but with the hardware we use, it can happen.

Back