• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

asus vi hero or msi gd65?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

chrome-187

thinking about getting a 4670k and can't seem to pick a mobo... I was looking into the asus vi hero, and msi gd65... which would be the better choice and why?

I will be attaching a cooler master 240l glacer water cooler to cpu so I was even thinking the asus formula? I dunno...

which is the better overclocker and most user friendly and has best onboard audio?

I've never owned an asus board, I've just had MSI and EVGA... my msi died after 4 years was the neo p35... I didn't care for it all that much, it was ok

Last edited:
I have deja vu! We talked about this in your other thread already...

Like I said there, they will all overclock the same on ambient cooling. You can even step down to the GD45 to save some bucks. As far as audio, I think the ASUS has the better audio solution, but you will likely need some decent cans/speakers to really notice a difference.

If you want user friendly, go with the MSI. The Formula and Hero, again as mentioned in the other thread, a really made for extreme overclocking in that there are features in the bios which you wont be using. Now, the ASUS isn't rocket science, but still.. I wouldn't go any higher than the hero in your case as it would not benefit you one bit... But if you want to save some $, grab the GD45, overclock to whatever the CPU can hold, and enjoy your gaming. THere really isn't a need to spend $50-$200 more.

If you don't care if it's full atx or matx then ASRock Z87M OCFormula is great and in reasonable price. It's also easy to overclock and has many nice features.
Gigabyte Z87X-OC is also nice board and cheaper than Hero.
After many issues with MSI boards and their support I'm simply not recommending MSI.

ok i think i'm either going to go with the asus formula z87 or the hero... i've had a msi before and i really dont want any issues that i had with my p35 board from msi.. i've never owned a asus..

thinking the formula cuz i'm going water cooling and i heard the formula has DTS sound and a sound card that is is $90 pci card but its integrated on board..

i use the sennheiser pc360 headset so i do want the best onboard sound i can get.. i think the hero isnt as good on the sound

well also the asrock z87 professional and formula look nice... never had a asrock board either...

just msi and evga is all i've ever owned

Back