• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ASUS X299 tuff mark 2 CPU multiplier fixing

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Gorimaa

Hello all,

I am a total newbie in OC but I own this motherboard with a i7 7820x and I would like to fix the ratio of the cpu at 45x .
It is already going to this ratio automatically when cpu is charged/ loaded by software, and comes back to x12 at idle , but there is one case I need it to be at full speed always without these change automatic .

I tried X.M.P. In bios , I tried the the ASUS Intel utilities in windows 7 which I am on.
I tried to disable Intel speedstep in bios , but nothing change , the CPU always come back at x12 when not loaded .

For those who wants to know it is related to cubase and ASIO charge , who become too extreme because the cpu staying at x12 despite my studio template is very demanding even when empty.

So to resume I really need a guide on how to fix the ratio of my cpu i7 7820x at constant x45 multiplier (4,5 ghz under water cooling with pics at 79 Celsius is fine on my test ) without any down.

Thanks for any help

G.

Hi

No i dont have as i just recieved the mitherboard with the bios 0403 installed , i read quuckly that some newer bios had problem so i gave up on that.
Someone suggested me that a simple power plan setting would make the trick , ! Sadly my power plan is already set with “minimum processor state “ at 100%. It looks like there is something else over ridding it , i dont know it its on a bios level or windows 7 level. Any clue ?

Thanks a lot

Yes i did with setting minimal processor state to 100% but it looks like something over ridding it , is it xmp? Is it asus enhancement option in bios or intel speedstep? Or something in windows 7? I dont think so as i tried to disable all already, i will try again and make some test with another bootable windows i have on another harddrive

Is there any simple step to fix it as a normal steady OC via the bios ?

Yes i did with setting minimal processor state to 100% but it looks like something over ridding it , is it xmp? Is it asus enhancement option in bios or intel speedstep? Or something in windows 7? I dont think so as i tried to disable all already, i will try again and make some test with another bootable windows i have on another harddrive

Is there any simple step to fix it as a normal steady OC via the bios ?
Not sure there is a setting there for that. Just talking a butt9n that needs to be on high performance instead of balanced.

Xmp wouldnt do it. Asus multi core enhancement wouldnt...speed shift may... try disabling it (you can try disabling xmp and mce to see if that worked as well - it wont, but saying you can try things ;) )

i disabled intel speedstep in bios (which is aka EIST i think), i have enabled X.M.P. under bios too, and i have a custom power plan under windows 7 on high performance with “minimum processor state “ at 100%. i will try to tweak this powerplan options again. Which process could handle the multiplier of core (from x12 idle to gradually to x45 for heavyload in my case) apart from powerplan's options and this “minimum processor state “ at 100% i already set?

thank you

Im not saying adjust details. Go from custom to performance. Thats all. Maybe something is setup wrong in your custom vs default performance?

You dont have to ask the original question in each post. :)

hehe ok sorry for redondance :) i will try the default performance and see what it does

Hello my issue have be resoved in another forum, should i copy paste my answer, of put a link here?

For the solution here are my bios setting:

which moslty are :

- Adjust Ram to its native DDR4-3000Mhz, no touch on its timing 15-15-15-35
- XMP : enabled
- ASUS Multicore Enhancement : enabled
- CPU Core Ratio: Synch All Cores

on Last picture (19):

- Enhanced Intel SpeedStep : Disabled
- turbo mode : enabled
- Autonomous C-State: Disabled
- Intel Speed Shift: Disabled
- MFC Mode Override: MFC driver Override

Everything else is on default/Auto mode.

EDIT : here new solutions found:

by re-enabling speed step in bios, the power plan option are working again i don't know what was blocking it for 100% cpu state all the time with high performance plan.

So now i can control the core ratio as progressive or fixed with power plan option and control the OC with the software intel XTU which i will explore more maybe to optimize the auto OC in term of temperature under heavy load.

I f somebody as direction to give me on how to result in the same 4.5 ghz OC but with 10 degres celcius less would be apreciated.

I hope my post will help any musician working with DAW Cubase or another , and a massive demanding starting template, which at start couldn't trigger the automatic turbo boost ratio (it was staying at x 12, around 1.2 GHz on all core fo my i7 7820x) resulting in extreme heavy ASIO meter processing with crackling and audio dropouts.

Cheers

Back