• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ASUS Z10PA-U8 maximum storage limit

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kib0rg

Hey everyone.

I want to create some video surveillance archive based on this ASUS Z10PA-U8 motherboard.

But I can't find any info about storage capacity limits, i want to setup 90 TB storage (9x10 TB SATA3 HDD).

Will it work or not?

Hey everyone.

I want to create some video surveillance archive based on this ASUS Z10PA-U8 motherboard.

But I can't find any info about storage capacity limits, i want to setup 90 TB storage (9x10 TB SATA3 HDD).

Will it work or not?

In the Chipset drivers on the CD/DVD that comes with the MB, is a patch program to use drives larger than 3TB.

You wont be able to hook it up to that board directly as it only has 7 sata slots. It would have to be through a card.

I see, now. If you look at the image for the board, it doesnt show that. ;)

Actually... i see the grey and white ones now...lol!

you will have about 81.81TB BEFORE any raid and with over 8 disks i would do a Raid 6 however that board only does Raid 0,1,5 and 10. So in a raid 5 you would have about 72.72TB usable.
Dont forget to get good Drive, such as WD purple or gold!

note: 10TB WD gold drives after format have 9.09TB available (according to Windows)

Back