• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

[ASUS Z77 boards] Asus or generic INTEL drivers, which ones to install?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Toshvan

Registered
Doing a clean Win7 (64) installation on ASUS P8Z77-M, generic Intel drivers (for chipset and video) are newer and Asus ones are seemingly not up to date. Which ones do you recommend?

I will be installing on a SSD (Kingston SSDNow V300 120GB, LSI SandForce SF-2281 controller with Toshiba's 19nm Toggle NAND). Do I need any other Intel drivers other than INF?

And there are TONS of downloads on the ASUS drivers/utility section. I hate to clog the OS with loads of unnecessary resident software.
I guess I do need ASUS AISuite, but how about all of the other ones, any advice on what is important and what is not?
(asking for general advice OFC, I do understand that everyone's needs are different)

Last edited:
I would rather ask first than live with registry junk and other leftovers later.

I would rather ask first than live with registry junk and other leftovers later.
Someone has their thinking cap on! :thup:

I personally use the newest intel drivers. I have used the ones on the website which are usually older. I have not had problems with either. :thup:

I'd go Intel. Intel makes the chipset drivers that Asus and company bundle, after all.

Intel it is than. Strange how Asus ones are double the size, compared to Intel's.
Video, Intel's latest are 125Mb while Asus's version is 270Mb
Chipset, Intel INF 4Mb and Asus's chipset bundle is 248Mb but I think they stuffed dotnetfx there too.

Damn, the whole install folder is 1.1Gb size and I'm only preparing to install one single OS on this board. I know my last build was iP43 (P5QL PRO, LGA775), but... What happened with driver sizes??

Back