• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED ASUS Z77 SABERTOOTH RAID?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Pastulio

Registered
I've had this ASUS SABERTOOTH Z77 motherboard lying around and never really used it. I recently came to the conclusion that it would be better suited for my needs to configure my computer to a RAID format. So I went ahead and loaded up this SABERTOOTH motherboard ... I've gotten it configured, the timings and voltage levels and such, but I can't figure out how to enable a RAID configuration on it. Can anybody help me to figure out what I am overlooking?

(C:\) = "Sonnet Tempo" + ADATA SP900 256GB SSD
+ 4x 3TB HDD's (wanting to put into a RAID config as the Secondary [(D:\)] drive)

I configured the motherboard, from BIOS, to instead of AHCI set to RAID and established a configuration, ~11TB ... but I cannot for the life of me figure out how (once in the O.S.) to enable it as a secondary drive.

The array is configured via the Intel RAID BIOS (Ctrl+I during POST). Since you already have the OS installed on the Adata SSD, you can configure the 4 x 3TB HHDs via the Intel Rapid Storage Technology tool.

Right. I had done that (CTR+I during POST; and configured a RAID format for the 'secondary' drives), but now that I am in the Operating System I cannot figure out how to enable the drive to be accessible.

I went ahead and installed the "Intel Rapid Storage Technology tool" that came with my ASUS Z77 CD, but again ... cannot figure out how to make the drive so that when I go to "My Computer" it shows up next to my (C:\) [xGB / 238GB] as " (D:\) [xGB / ~11TB] " ...

Did you go into Disk Management and actually give the RAID drives a format and letter?

I got ahead of myself... [*EDIT*]

- Yes, thank you. I had went their prior to installing the Intel tool and even though the HDD's were in a RAID array it was still showing up as individual drives. Now that I used the Intel tool though, they are showing up as one drive.

Unfortunately however, for some bizarre reason it is configured into Two Partitions. One of 2.05TB and One of 9.14TB ...
Do I need to use another third party software to combine "Large Partitions" ... Like SeagateDiskWizard or something...
(Won't let me access the 9.14TB)

Last edited:
Post a pic. w/ the Disk Management snap-in open, ....

...I don't know how (I seldom use the Internet)
[I just put the computer together and am waiting until after I get the system setup (HDD's and such) before putting on any of my softwares (MS Office / Adobe Siute CS6 / etc.) ... currently absolutely nothing installed on my computer]

Last edited:
Actually though, I just converted it from MBR to GPT and now it is working.
Thank you for your help(s)

Back