• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ASUS Z87 Sabertooth lack of USB

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Raptor05121

Registered
Anyone else notice the lack of USB connectors on this? My H100i is eating up one, and my Corsair 600T case has 4x front USB 2.0 bundled in 2x 10-prong connectors. So I can only use 2 USB ports, the others are unusable. I've thought about getting a PCI-to-USB card with the connector on it, but I have PCI-e and I cannot find a PCI-e to USB 2.0 card anywhere.

It just grinds my gears because I cannot "complete" my build when I have to explain how 2 of the USB ports dont work...

The board has 6 x USB 3.0/2.0 ports (4 at the rear I/O and 2 at mid-board) and 8 x USB 2.0/1.1 ports (4 at the rear I/O and 4 at mid-board), so I'm not sure why you're saying there's a lack of USB connectors.

14 ports seems like more than enough to me but if you have USB ports that dont work at all then I would probably RMA the board.

Back