• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Athlon 64 3200+ (ADA 3200AIO4BX)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dogubit

Registered
I have had a new Elitegroup K8M800-M2 motherboard given to me that is an AMD 754 pin socket. I looked at the ECS site and found a BIOS upgrade that allows it to use a Athlon 64 3200+ (2.2GHz I think), but I see all kinds of names referenced after the Athlon 64 3200 part and haven't a clue as to what is what.
So I have found this "Athlon 64 3200+ (ADA 3200AIO4BX)" for $32.00us is there a working difference between the Atlons? I would like to get the fastest CPU I can for the board. Also is this a multi core or single core chip? I still have to get memory and a heat sink for the board if I decide to use it so cost is a factor also. So any advice offered would be helpful to allow me to decide if it's wise to spend money on this board or go another direction, thanks.

There are both a socket 939 and a socket 754 Athlon 64 3200+ so you have to make sure its the right one, believe that one was 2.2ghz 512k L2 cache there was also the 3400+ in 2 varietys as well as a lesser seen 3700+ and the rare 4000+ mobile (no IHS) chip for 754. They are all single core, and no dual channel memory support.

Its a decent platform for sure, best single core CPUs around.

I have the same board and the same processor. up date the bios and it will work fine . that cpu is a venice and at the moment i have took mine up to 2530 mhz with no voltage adjustment (2200 mhz stock)as these boards have no vcore adjustment

Back