• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Athlon II X2 260

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

khianne

I just have a question, my Athlon II X2 260 has only a X4.0 multiplier, how do you get the X16.0? I'm just a noob :confused:

Attachments

• CPU-Z.jpg
    CPU-Z.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 1,893
There's an easy solution to this one. Go into bios and disable Cool N Quiet. If you can find it in bios, also disable C1E. Then go into Windows Control Panel Power Options and configure it to High Performance. Your CPU is being down-throttled at idle by energy saving advanced power state technologies. They should not effect it's performance under load, however.

Oh, so that's how it is done :D I've changed it to High Performance and the multiplier is now X16. Thanks Trents! :)

Those Regor core CPUs are great overclockers, by the way. Even with the stock cooler.

So I even if I don't buy a new cpu cooler, I won't overheat? :D

Sure it can overheat. If you add too much voltage or have a case that cannot get rid of the heat from the cpu cooler. But generally they do overclock well without generating a great amount of heat. :D

Back