• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Athlon II X2 270 How much can i take it too!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Banjozvin

Registered
How so i started playing the game called "Black ops 2" wich is pretty cool and my FPS is around 50-100 when alot is happening. But the CPU usage is at 100% all the time and that makes the game do some lag spikes some times. So today i said "Let's overclock this CPU" so i started slowly, and here's is where i am now!

f23dkZd.png

My motherboard is called "ASRock 990FX Extreme3. i don't know if "Ram" has anything to do with this BUT i got 4gb DDR3 HyperX ram NB Freq = 2200

How long can i go with this and what do i need to do to go even longer!

Hope i gave enough info!

Well, you certainly could go higher with a better cooling: I see you hit 61°C max which is already well over the advised 55°C max.

Good news are that your vCore tops [email protected], so you gave still something like 0.08/0.09v and that your CPUS is a C3 stepping one.

So, better cooler, 1.45/1.46v max, 55°C max, and you might be able to reach 4GHz...

But isn't the 61°C the highest it has ever reached?

Because it's said 61 even before i overclocked so it might be long time, there was a period where one of my cabinet sides weren't on it could be from there.

4.1 with stock voltage is:
:bs:

Lol! no way!!!! Unless he runs LN2 (and even, I doubt he could hit such high freq@stock vcore).

To answer your question, nope, it's the max temp since you've started HWmonitor.

What you need to download is prime95.
It's a stress test that will take your CPU to its max load and temp.

Have a (long and deep) look at this guide:
http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=596023

It's for PhenomII's, but Athlon's OC the same way.

Thanks! I hope my english didn't make it too hard for you to understand me :p
Still working on it ;) But thanks again :p

Cheers!

Back