• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Athlon X2 255 OC some question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

zincfe

Hi ther i wana ask what else i can do to get better OC ( i am pure noob ) so far from 3.1 i got 3.8 almost 3.9 ^^ vcore 1.5 [ so far stable in OCCT for 1h stress test ) but with default vcore i get max stable 3.7 but my ram its not work in 1333 but only 1227 and duno how to get 1333 :/ i setup manualy timing 8/8/8 rest auto.

Few min ago i setup buss speed to 257 so i get almost 4Ghz but after few min in OCCT i get blue screen, naw i setup to 252 got 3.9 so far no blue screen on OCCT

And can i OC PCI ? it will bost somthing for me ?

And what is max posible temp for cores ?

And what is max posible vcore ?

My spec:

Motherboard Model: ASUS M4A78LT-M
Proccesor: Athlon x2 255
Graphgic Card: nVIDIA GeForce GTS 450 1GB DDR5 OC
PSU: 500W

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Last edited:
Max core temp limit is mid 50s c. You're there already.

You're ram is running at 1333 mhz in the CPU-z pic you provide. CPU-z reports the bus speed of the DDR3 ram not the DDR3 transfer rate. Bus speed is half of what the DDR3 transfer rate is so double what you see in CPU-z to figure your ram speed.

Look at your HT Link frequenc. It's at 2500 mhz. That is too fast and maybe causing your instability. Keep the HT Link between 1800 and 2000 mhz.

You may need to add a little voltage to you NB (maybe called "CPUNB" in bios). Try 1.25.

Your motherboard may have reached its limit for front side bus frequency at 250 mhz.

The bottom line is that from several perspectives, you are probably already at the limit of how far that chip will overclock no matter what changes you make.

ty for naswer :) i do what u write but cant meake 4.0 stable on OCCT

duno why when i got more then 1333mhz ram i cant pass occt or some times cant load windows i was trying change ram voltage to 1.6 but its give me only 10min more in OCCT

so like u said i probably reached limit :p i stay naw on that stats cause its stable from 48h
2399484.png

RAM Speed : 666.7 MHz (3:8) @ 8-8-8-21

so if i am stable i dont need to change HT link to 2000 ?

Not the Dual core, but the tri-core 455, I was unable to get 4.0Ghz stable. No matter the voltage. It felt like a brick wall when I was overclocking it. 3.8 ended up being my 24/7 overclock with my ram going 1555. When I was doing research into it, I found out that 4.0Ghz was very hard, borderline impossible, for Athlons to reach and be stable.

Back