• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

athlon xp 1700 but what kind?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Agent Z

i bought one of these from pricewatch a bit ago but i have no idea what "batch" it is....is there anyway to tell....like i see alot of people talking about bartons and stuff..how can you tell?

You have to take the heatsink off, take the CPU out, and read us the information that is either on the core, or on a black sticker toward the outside of the chip. It should be 4 lines of numbers and letters.

remove the hsf and you will find most likely a black label with #'s and letter's on it find them out and then post what you found

doesn't really matter that much almost all 1700xp can get to 2.0ghz, its just that some can get higher jiuhb... so dont be to upset...

Umm I hope you aren't posting like crazy to get in the classifieds, cause it sure seems like that.

Ben721 said:
Umm I hope you aren't posting like crazy to get in the classifieds, cause it sure seems like that.

No...i just am reading all these threads and they are talking about dif types of processors and i just wanted to know which one i had....

Back