• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ati Catalyst 8.10 OFFICIAL - With FAN control!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I'd rather stick with Rivatuner for OCing and fan control :-/

But atleast finally ATI is listening to us and putting that in the standard CCC

rivatuner doesnt support the fan control for 4850/70 till an update comes afaik.

It does now. I'm using it as I type this...

riva.jpg

Last edited:
Anyone having problems with these yet? Ever since I installed them whenever i play CoD4 I get random freezing during gameplay. Sometimes it only lasts a few seconds. I'll be at like 250fps or so, then bam freezes, then when it comes out my fps is in red under 50 and goes back up to 250 or whatever I'm at. But more lately it freezes and stops. The game locks up. Early I was in teamspeak with my clan and I can talk to them and everything, but gamepaly is froze nadn no sound whatsoever... Any ideas? Anyone else having this crap?

Anyone having problems with these yet? Ever since I installed them whenever i play CoD4 I get random freezing during gameplay. Sometimes it only lasts a few seconds. I'll be at like 250fps or so, then bam freezes, then when it comes out my fps is in red under 50 and goes back up to 250 or whatever I'm at. But more lately it freezes and stops. The game locks up. Early I was in teamspeak with my clan and I can talk to them and everything, but gamepaly is froze nadn no sound whatsoever... Any ideas? Anyone else having this crap?

Have you tried the 8.11 RC1 betas?

I'm getting alot of instability with these drivers with GRiD. Grid has been giving me problems since the 8.7 drivers, it seemed to work best with 8.8's. I play both Warhead and Crysis, CoD4, and World in Conflict, and none of the other games give me problems.

Grid will just restart my whole rig mid game, PITA for sure.

These didn't do too well with Doom3 for me. I know it's such an old game but I like it.
I tried the officials and HIS's catz. Real bad flicker and sometimes total artifacting.
Switched out mb, ram, and cpu. Same thing.
So I went back to the HIS version of 8.8's, adjusted the fan speed via RBE, and all is good now.
I like the option of the fan speed in the 810's. Too bad it's a "fixed" speed though.

These didn't do too well with Doom3 for me. I know it's such an old game but I like it.
I tried the officials and HIS's catz. Real bad flicker and sometimes total artifacting.
Switched out mb, ram, and cpu. Same thing.
So I went back to the HIS version of 8.8's, adjusted the fan speed via RBE, and all is good now.
I like the option of the fan speed in the 810's. Too bad it's a "fixed" speed though.

I have some issues with artifacts in a couple of games as well on an X2, not very severe or often, but annoying. Is 8.8 the best driver to "downgrade" too, or should I try the 8.9s? Fan speed isn't an issue, the card is on water.

This is why the myt of ATI drivers suck, at least ATI sticks to a montly schedule at MINIMUM!

ATI's official driver release frequency is a nice change from NVs very infrequent ones but quantity != quality. Just because they put out drivers frequently doesn't make the drivers better than previous ones.

Back