• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ATI Development?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rk15000

Registered
Does anyone know if there is any ATI GPU support in development for SETI in the near future? My 4870 is hungry...

I noticed that other BOINC projects like Chess@home support ATI cards. With SETI's large userbase, I find it odd that ATI card support is still missing.

-rk15000

I don't expect anything real soon.

Lunatics has built an app that will use an ATI GPU to assist the CPU in crunching Astropulse work units. However, since AP units are virtually non-existent at present (and for some time now), it's not terribly useful.

I'm with you though, I have a pair of 5870's going to waste most of the time. As much as I like them, I'm considering trading them in for some Nvidia hardware so that I can take advantage of the 80% of the time they are idle.

As much as I like them, I'm considering trading them in for some Nvidia hardware so that I can take advantage of the 80% of the time they are idle.

Me too. I'm also seriously considering ordering some better RAM, as I've not been happy with the overclocking options on my OCZ Platinum 1333 kit. For a little bit more, I can get some 1600 that has great reviews.

Where would be the best place to sell some practically new RAM and a practically new vid card? Overclockers classifieds? EBay?

I'd definately give the Classifieds here a shot first.
Sure is easier to deal with forum members and usually a faster overall transaction.

There's a hybrid that sort of works, maybe, eventually.
Other then that, it's CUDA or forget it.

Back