• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ATi HL2 Coupon ends January

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I wonder though if you will be able to overclock the Sapphires higher than the Powercolors.

The Sapphires I have are 650MHz compared to PC 680MHz. I also heard that Powercolor aren't very overclockable cards. Is this true?

The Powercolor card has 2.8ns RAM and the Sapphire has 3.3ns RAM, so you can safely assume that's wrong. The Powercolor RAM can overclock more than the Sapphire RAM easily.

Alacritan said:
The Powercolor card has 2.8ns RAM and the Sapphire has 3.3ns RAM, so you can safely assume that's wrong. The Powercolor RAM can overclock more than the Sapphire RAM easily.

But if you read another thread that I made we disccuss the ns speed on the chips really do not mean that they are better than the other. It is just a rating. So by saying the one is rated faster doesn't necessarily mean that it is a better overclocking chip.

That is like saying that a 300hp car can be modded better than a 200hp car which may not be true if the 200hp car is a v8 and the 300 is a 4cyl that is already pushing as much out of it as it already can. See what I mean?

Back