• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ATi Slash Prices On 3850/70 Cards

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I'm not really disgruntled about the price drop at this point, because so far I really feal like I've received as much or more value out of my cards as the potential other purchases I could have made with my disposable income. That' s something everyone should have already decided on before they pulled the trigger on major hardware purchases. If you've been dabbling in this game before, there is no way around your hardware going obsolete or worthless somewhere down the road. I really despise the term "futureproof". No such thing and in all actuality a gimick for hardware manufacturers to gouge prices before they screw you over and over again with completely new standards and technologies. If you are on a tight budget then don't play this game, because the function curve between obsession and impulse spending is exponential.

Because at the time people bought hardware that is being used as the low end on comparisons on Tom's Hardware, they really didn't think they were being morons.

You have a point, but that is one end of the spectrum. I don't care about futureproofing and obsolete at this point, and those are not what is happening here. I was price gouged, this is akin to unspoken collusion imo. There are only two competitors, one sets a price, the other follows suit, while us pitiful consumers get to pay whatever those companies decide is a good MSRP. That they can go so low, so soon shows they were just lining their pockets.

Back