• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ATI's 2950 Series Thread...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Can't wait to see some benches so I can find out what the sweet spot is. The X2X looks like a good investment for a 2-4 years.

Very true Velocity,

Also something I've been thinking about is how does the dual cores work; do they work in a crossfire mode or are they linked as streams which I hope they are for ATI's sake. If they are linked by streams and use shared pre-fetch cache and whatever else is in that gpu then we might see one fine product! If its just crossfire than things might just be made more complicated.

OC-Master

I wish they would release a higher memory card in november. Not sure how gaming at 1920x1200 will go on 256mb of gddr4 memory (gladiator). But I want one of these already just because of power consumption.

edit: I was thinking that maybe sapphire will put out a card with more memory... or one of the other ati cohorts :)

I wish they would release a higher memory card in november. Not sure how gaming at 1920x1200 will go on 256mb of gddr4 memory (gladiator). But I want one of these already just because of power consumption.

edit: I was thinking that maybe sapphire will put out a card with more memory... or one of the other ati cohorts :)
The 256-bit they are talking about is the memory bus width not the amount of ram that is present on the card. As far as I know these cards are all going to come with a minimum of 512mbs.

Any indications of performance? These cards look... Delicious, I just hope they perform as good as the specs lead us to believe. :D

it'll still have stiff competition with the 8800GT which is 65nm, cheap and launching sooner (29th oct). but it does look like a promising card. the 2900s are faster core speeds than the 8800gtx's but still come of alot worse. so the 2950 seems to have higher speeds than the 8800 gt, i still this nvidia will come on top.

yeah looks all nice, but the real plac ethe yneed to improve on these cards is their ROPs, other than that they are all the same cards, wil ldifferent memory bits/ speeds. kinda sucks, if I had the cash i would throw down for 2 x2x's mmmmmmmm I would be set for 2 years haha...

Back