• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Atom 330?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I think that Evilsizer has been messing around with some Atoms. I don't remember exactly how well they crunch, but I do remember it was much better than a P3 could do. Look around in here and I bet you will find his thread on it.

On another note, the new AMD offering coming up might be worth looking at too when they release it. The processor isn't in the same power efficient class as Atom but as a platform it might be competitive in efficiency and it is supposed to be a cut down derivative of the present A64 I believe.

well in the numbers for rosetta place the Atom 330 behind 3,P3-S 1.26. not by much i think it was only behing by a couple hunder points but the big difference is the power used. when i get a new psu for the case i will switch Atom 330 to seti to run for a bit, only Atom 230 ran seti. numbers placed it on par wih a banis 1.4ghz cpu.
here is the seti thread, im sure you can just double the numbers to get a idea....
http://setiathome.berkeley.edu/forum_thread.php?id=47554&nowrap=true#766073

Back