• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Audigy 2 ZS drivers that work [INFO]

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Aynjell

If this isn't common knowledge to you guys, I figured I'd make this known.

There's a guy out there (daniel_k) who's made drivers that are virtually bug free and that actually work for the Audigy 2 ZS on Vista. I'm not saying he's coded them, but he's pieced together a package that quite frankly, blows away any creative packaged drivers.

Things I want to point out that really stood out to me:

First off, whenever using a creative packaged driver set, my 5.1 settings never "stuck". Whenever I loaded Vista I would have to reconfigure my sound system. My driver settings stick with the daniel_k drivers.

Second, my computer would crash when enabling "hardware audio" in Unreal Tournament 3. Not sure if that's the right title, but anywho, these drivers do NOT do this.

Thirdly, CMSS 2 is amazing on my system, and it's a feature I've missed for so long, and these drivers reintroduced them in full working order. And it sounds so amazing...

Creative has made it quite clear that they aren't fond of daniel_k's work, even though he's worked dilligently (or not, I'm not quite sure of the extent of his work, but still) to ADD VALUE to thier existing products.

Even in XP, my CMSS settings didn't stickk too well, I'd often have to reset them, and several games didn't care for thiis systems sound.

These drivers are just amazing, and if you own an Audigy 2 ZS series card (if I recall, it doesn't support the "gimped" version of the card) these are for you, and I felt I should post this.

I don't feel these are warez, but I'm not sure if I'm quite allowed to post a link to a torrent for the files, but I will.

Clicky (The Piratebay)

Mods, please edit/delete/whatever this thread if you feel it's innapropriate. If you think this is useful for people who have an older sound card and want GOOD PERFORMANCE, than maybe this might need to be stickied.

I have a couple clan members with the audigy 2 zs card who were having problems when they went to vista and I remembered reading about the daniel_k drivers so I grabbed them and put them in my downloads for them to try out and both of them said they worked better than when they were using xp. Creative should have hired him isntead of threatening to nail him six ways from sunday for doing something that they don't have the ability to do, creative drivers have always been crap and when it came to vista it only got that much worse regardless of what card it was.

These drivers + intelliremote makes my computer like, perfect.

Back