• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Audio driver won't stay rolled back in windows 10

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

wingman99

My audio driver won't stay rolled back in properties it keep updating automatically. I disabled windows 10 Auto driver update and that did not help.

I found this

Don't do a rollback, follow these instructions:
-Let Windows Update install the version of the driver it wants to, and do not uninstall it
-Go to device manager (devmgmt.msc) and find your device
-Right-click on it, and hit "Update driver software"
-Click "Browse my computer for driver software"
-Click "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer"
-Select the version of the driver you want
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...ver-from/bff07224-4ce2-4b42-ab29-68c3a305d730

So far it is working, however if I uninstall the Realtek app in Apps Microsoft reloads everything.

But the question is, will it stay that way when new Windows updates roll down the pike?

No, I mean patch Tuesday updates. And then there are those 2x yearly platform updates from MS.

I did a simulation of patch Tuesday by clicking check for updates like I did before and this time the drivers did not update like it did before. The 2x yearly platform probably will update the driver and I will check when it does.:)

I guess I'm not the "Creator" typed so I wish MS would do something with substance to it for other folks.

Back