• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AX760I killing off my GPUs possible?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DefiantReaper

So a while ago I built a new pc and bought all premium products.

Everything worked great for 2-3 days and BOOM 980ti poseidon is burning and sparking. OK it's ok I told myself.
Just a reject.

So no biggie I RMA my gpu and think nothing of it.

2 months later I recieve my new gpu from asus. Again 2-3 days everything seems cool and then one day my gpu has NO OUTPUT and is undetectable in my bios or my friends Bios.

So now I'm frustrated. I sent in another RMA to asus and now 1 month later my new gpu is in the mail on the way.

Well since then my psu has been doing constant loops of randomly restarting itself.

So I do some research online and I guess it's a known issue with only the 760i series?

So I RMAed my psu and within a week I recieve my replacement (props to corsair for an outstanding rma service) well this one doesn't seem to be rebooting itself but as I'm getting my 3rd 980ti I'm scared to have it power my card.

Can this all be a coincidence or should I just avoid that psu and get a EVGA supernova G2 750?

*edit

I will also add that the psu passed the self check test and I did a multimeter test with it when I noticed it was rebooting and the voltages were all well within the +/- 5%

So I find it unlikely that It killed off my GPUs but I'd like for someone who has maybe had a similar experience to chime in

Last edited:
Easy way to find out, go buy an EVGA G2 750W and see how long the GPU lasts.

Yeah but I mean isn't the only way for the psu to kill of a gpu is for the 12v to overvoltage it in like a surge?

Because if thats the case I'm almost positive that didn't happen. Just looping through constant restarts.

Even if it wasn't under load it would randomly restart over amd over amd over unless I hit the switch in the back or unplugged it.

I plan on buying a evga g2 as I heard they are among the best. And to give me ease of mind lol

No, poor ripple can also kill components.

If you're using a multimeter it could kill the card while you are watching and you would never know.
You need an oscilloscope to see instantaneous changes in voltage.

Ah that must be why it reboots itself over and over trying to protect itself?

It is just a shame because the build quality of the unit is definitely top notch.

Strange...

Back