• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Back side panel will not come off...?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Culbrelai

How the hell does this side panel come off? (left in the picture)

The right one is easy with a thumbscrew but I cannot for the life of me figure out how it comes off...
4ecAHcO.jpg

You're not showing enough of the case for us to tell. However some cases have back panels that are riveted in place and can't be removed.

Edit: Also, there are some cases similar to that one that I've run across that have sections inside that need to be unscrewed before other portions can be removed.

Got it off, needed to take the front panel off first.
SCSI caddy CD drive had to go to make room for my 5.25 floppy drive that's coming.

Annoying, cases are made much better these days lol.

Then again, floppys aren't really a consideration for current case design.... :D

Uh, it's still the same drive bay size, 5.25 drive bays lol, what a coincidence. Only reason a floppy drive wont work is because there are no PCI-E floppy controller cards :*( or even PCI ones that I've been able to find...there are ISA ones though, which is redundant because mobos old enough to have ISA will already have IDE or SCSI capability :L although my EVGA SR-2 has a IDE port... hmm. https://webstore.kryoflux.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=28

No 5.25 or 3.5 floppy drives on Windows 10 sadly...

Last edited:
Back