• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

bad company 2 fps problems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Fortunately when running at higher resolutions (1080p for example) AA becomes less apparently/necessary. I would turn down AA to 1x/2x at most put up AF to around 4x (should be plenty, can probably keep it at 2x) and just play around with the other settings. Make sure to have shadows turned way down [low or medium], those kill FPS just like HBAO (I don't turn that on even with the rig in my sig).

Af performance hit is almost negligable really. Test it out. The look with it cranked is nice however!

If you don't have to have all of the settings maxed out you will be fine I'm sure. Settings probably similar to what you have to use for BFBC2 with a couple more on medium rather than high and I'm sure it would be quite playable. At this point though we can still mostly only speculate.

Just a thought, but why are you trying to play BFBC2 w/ HBAO and high AA/AF on a laptop?

Like ED said, HBAO kills even desktops. To boot, you are getting 60 FPS with it on. Id say thats pretty damn good and if you are wanting more maybe your expectations are a bit high.

6970m is about a 5850 desktop card in terms of performance I believe and when I had a 5850 w/ 4ghz i5-750, I didnt even like to have HBAO on. You have a beast of a system, but dont expect it to perform miracles as its still a laptop.

Back