• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Bad memory sticks and installed windows 7 should I reinstall OS

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

shawnmcc

I recently discovered I had very bad memory sticks so bad it shut windows down with out a error. I installed windows with the same memory sticks a month or two before. Should I reinstall a clean copy of windows with the new memory sticks I have now or just leave it? I might reflash my bios to.

Are you still having Windows issues with the new sticks installed?

I have had issues with installs using bad memory or overclocks, I vote for a reinstall.

Are you still having Windows issues with the new sticks installed?
I have had a few bugs that could be fixed with reinstalling the software for it but that is about it. And internet explorer wont do 1080p videos on youtube.

Well I have decided I will reinstall sometime next month after I do tests and break the new memory in. Thanks for all of your replies.

Shutdown=That sounds like a powerdown because of PSU going in protect mode because of the RAM slot being shorted. I would reseat the RAM.

Shutdown=That sounds like a powerdown because of PSU going in protect mode because of the RAM slot being shorted. I would reseat the RAM.

He already determined that faulty RAM was the issue, it wasn't a seating issue.

Back