• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Bad news, worse news, and something else.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

{PMS}fishy

1. My HD died on my dual PIII 450's

2. My HD died on my Celeron

3. I sold my Celeron

4. My new VP6 will not load any OS

5. My D6VAA with 2 PIII 733's will be running tonight

6. I have 3 more crunchers to build but no Video cards

Some one please help me out. I need some cheap crappy video cards badley. AGP prefferably, but PCI will be ok. Time to dig for HDDs and find norton ghost and see what can be saved. I have alomst 3ghz here sitting idle, help please!

That sucks, but here are some 4MB ATi AGP cards for just $12 a piece (they even have TV Out). They have dirt cheap 2-day shipping too.

Here come the problems for the OC SETI Team! I wish I could help, but I'm having memory problems of my own. About the dead HDD's, read up on TC's Diskless cruncher. He explains how to use a mobo, cpu, psu, NIC to crunch SETI.

Best of Luck.

YGPM

This is enough with the problems already!!!!!!

There have been a lot of us getting nailed with this and that this summer.

When will it end?

The pain, oh the pain......

rogerdugans said:
YGPM

This is enough with the problems already!!!!!!

There have been a lot of us getting nailed with this and that this summer.

When will it end?

The pain, oh the pain......

I hope it ends soon.. Ive had everything going on the blitz all week. :temper:

fishy, YGPM

Ok heres some good news finally. My dual 450's had a HD that was corupted. I pulled it and put it in another computer. I was able to defrag it and boy you should have seen it. Talk about all red, no wonder the computer would not load windows. Shame on me for letting it get that bad. So thats back up and crunching. I also got my dual 733s up and running. Looks to be around 9 hours per WU. That other IBM HDD is crap. But I can replace it with an 8gig BigFoot. So all is well for now in my camp. Doug is getting out two video cards to me, so I can get an Xp 1500+ up and running, it was able to go to 170fsb before. And also my VP6 with dual 667's that I purchased from skip. Still having troubles getting the drives to be detected, but I cannot fool with it till the video cards come back.

Machines Now Running:

XP 1600+ @ 1941
T-Bird 1.4 @ 1.5
Dual PIII 450's at 600
Dual PIII 733s
P4 1.6
Duron 1.1 @ 1266

glad to see ur problem solved.....mostly.

well, mine still withstand. new P4T533 can't boot. sold my 1.8a @ 2.6G to my friend, just delivered to his house tonight. my nephew's PIII866 @ 1000 turned off for a week 'cos he's out of town for vacation. my dad's XP was turned off lots of time lately (even tho i've told him it's not good for a computer to be on & off like all other electronic stuffs ;) ) b/c of the heat in here. 100F the past few days!! having random reboot problem on my (only P4 now) 1.6a, don't know why? and worst thing is, since i up the v.core, the Asus P4S533, always show a message hardware error detected, press F1 to continue, u know, usually Asus stuff. and most of the time i was at work when it reboot itself. so it ends up not crunch for 1/2 of the day, at least.

man, i used to love summer for all the beach (and gals :D ), but now, i HATE summer, especially HEAT!! imagine the mobo temp goes up to 39-42C!!! even the best air cooling is having trouble to keep it up!!

Back