• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Bad PSU?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I read a little of it. The only important thing about his review was 10/10. :) I'm a firm believer of a good PSU over anything. Without having a good PSU is like driving a Ferrari with a Yugo engine. It amazes me about how many people use complete POS PSU's with a 780TI and other expensive parts.

I read a little of it. The only important thing about his review was 10/10. :) I'm a firm believer of a good PSU over anything. Without having a good PSU is like driving a Ferrari with a Yugo engine. It amazes me about how many people use complete POS PSU's with a 780TI and other expensive parts.
My point was to have you look over the efficiency numbers so you don't continue to believe your psu is 99% efficent. ;)

I know it's not running at 99% and I was joking about overclocking my CPU as in that's why it showed 99%. I have a feeling they'll need to come out with a Diamond rating soon, but, they are reaching the limit on what a 15 amp circuit can handle. Why is it that they can make a 1500-1600w PSU run on a 15 amp circuit, but they can't make the same wattage for a UPS that can run on 15 amp. If you think about it, why can't they? My UPS is only 900w. If I have the PSU plugged into the UPS, not anti surge, and stress all the GPU's, I get the beep, beep, beep, and then shutoff.

And Earthdog, there are worse things than being stuck in Maryland. Come live in Florida. You get hot and humid, hot and humid, hot, and decent for seasons. This is a nice place to visit and go home or a nice place to retire to and die. I hate it here and am truly stuck because I am supporting my father.

Back