• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Bad to have too large of a power supply?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

GMdoubleG

Hello all. I have a friend who is getting rid of a Tagan BZ1100 power supply and has offered it to me for $80. I'm currently using a Corsair HX520 and I don't have plans for needing more until the i7 MoBo etc come down in price more. Should I get it and use it now even though I only will be using around half of it? Is it bad to have a power supply that is way larger than you need?

It's not bad to have a power supply that is way larger than you need, and frankly for that price I'll take one just to have it around. :D

Is the Tagan BZ1100 power supply a good PSU? I looked at the recommended list and it wasn't on there but a lower watt PSU was on the do not buy list. Anyone had any experience with this PSU?

if you have no plans on upgrading GPU's or anything ... id just pass on that offer... its a great price for a 1100 watt psu though.

Not bad at all! :)

Power suplys though I believe you get what you pay for,, some are a little overated.
If your not planning on squeezing every last amp outta a cheapo its not a bad idea to buy.

Back