• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Barton mobile 2500+ low FSB

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
ok it apears as though he has moved and the names have changed a little. I was going to try 3dfire (I think it has the coolest name) I downloaded what i believe to be the right file. came in a .zip with the file name "Abit-NF7-D223D-4227" I need to know two things.

1. is this the right file for nf7-s rev 2 boards.

2. if so what do I need to do (rename, copy, paste, ect) to the file inorder to get it to run with the abit flash utility (and which version flash utility to run)

Sorry i get nervous when I have to flash the bios as I am poor and can't afford mistakes

Thanks

dont use flashmenu.

make an ms dos boot disk from your current OS.

get awdflash from abit's site.

put nf7d_22.bin and awdflash on to the ms dos boot floppy.

go in to bios, select 'y' to load fail safe defaults, then go to your ram timings and make them loose. save.

boot up with the boot floppy u created.

run this, when you get to the A:> prompt:
awdflash.exe NF7D_22.BIN /py /sn /cd /cp /cc /LD /R

notice the "D" in the filename. this signifies a bios for the revision 2 board.

when its finished flashing, it will reboot.

you dont have to clear cmos after your machine comes back up (the above flags take care of that). you can if you like though (jump it for a minute).

go in to bios and set up your system.

if you do not have a floppy drive, you can boot up with a bootable cdrom and flash from that cd: http://www.nu2.nu/bootcd/

pershoot.

my mobile is stable at 200x12x1.7vcore i havent tried anything faster as my desktop wouldnt do anything over 200 without erroring, i think it was my memory though

dont use flashmenu.

What's wrong with Flashmenu? There is absolutely nothing wrong with using Flashmenu when flashing to a Tictac bios. I have gone through almost all his beta bioses using Flashmenu and have never had a problem. You just have to make sure that all your background programs are closed.

ok I flashed useing flashmenu (didn't wait for a responce i am more impatiant than scared :) ) and all worked fine. there was an improvement 198-209 not huge but something. It is still a work in progress. I have a few questions though.

I am running 209*12.5=2621 @ 2.03V (MBM5)
it is prime priority 10 stable ( only 9 hours because I can't go any longer with out touching my computer so I stoped it)
it is 3dmarks 2001se stable
but it does something weird. First when loading windows it takes at least 10 more seconds than it use to. second occasionally when i play games it slows down and plays like a slide show and when I look at windows task manager it shows 100% CPU usage even though I have exited the games and there are no processes running in the backround. This has happened only 2 times so far and since I play hours of games and it stoped after about five minutes of not touching it it is not a huge concern but I would like to know what is causing this.

Any thoughts.

Back