• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Basic Spectrum Analyzer Freeware

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CompuTamer

Member with Some Fancy Text Under His Name
Anyone know of any? I just need a simple program that can listen to the line in on my laptop, and produce a spectrum analyzer from it. I use it for tracking where feedback may start during shows around here. I don't need any bells or whistles. Just need a spectrum analyzer. Nothing more. Everything i've managed to find is either a virus, or $400 :/

Well if you're well-versed in Matlab or Labview, this is probably something you could do yourself. I'm guessing you could even find someone who's already done it and put it online. I know Labview can be compiled into an *.exe so you wouldn't need the software, but for Matlab you'd need a copy.

Is it free? Are either of them free?

Matlab isn't free, but if you're a student you can probably get it free. Labview isn't free either, but you can get a free trial, develop the analyzer, then compile your file as an executable. The executable can then be run completely independently of Labview.

Back