• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Battlefield 3: Official Thread

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Is anyone here good with the semi-auto sniper rifles? Is there a way to rapid fire them and maintain control of the recoil to land shots consecutively and quickly? Or do you have to wait for the gun to settle after a shot in order to fire the 2nd/3rd round?

The further away you area from your target, the longer you need to wait to get the sight back down.. If the target is like 100 feet from you and you fire off 3 shots fast, you might catch him with 2.. That wont work with a target 500 feet away.

So even if you try to pull down on the mouse to compensate for the vertical muzzle climb, the game mechanics still won't allow for the bullets to land? It seems this way because I swear I've had the scope dead on my target, but figured that the shots just weren't landing because of game balance.

I jumped into a couple of Rush games last night for the first time in months. It was a whole new experience! A lot has changed since I last played! The game plays really 'smooth' it seems, as in running on terrain, jumping over obstacles, going from prone to standing etc.. The response time for shooting seems to have been greatly improved also. I am excited for the DLC!

Is anyone here good with the semi-auto sniper rifles? Is there a way to rapid fire them and maintain control of the recoil to land shots consecutively and quickly? Or do you have to wait for the gun to settle after a shot in order to fire the 2nd/3rd round?

I saw a video posted by lvlcap playing around with an SKS sniper rifle, fore grip and holo site. It was a good set up to have if you want to be an offensive sniper than just camp all the time.

I saw a video posted by lvlcap playing around with an SKS sniper rifle, fore grip and holo site. It was a good set up to have if you want to be an offensive sniper than just camp all the time.

I should do up a video with my M98 setup.. I use the iron sights on it and straight pull bolt. Its like a rail gun from Quake 2/3. 1 hit kills are very satisfying!

Tokae you definitely can compensate for the recoil on the semi-auto snipers by pulling down on the mouse, but as you said, it is extremely tough as the distance from your foe lengthens! I guess you are better off pausing for a brief moment to allow the rifle to settle.

Battlefield Premium is coming
http://www.battlefieldo.com/threads/bf3-premium-service-is-no-rumor.5503/

There has been a lot of dancing around the subject, but no actual denial when it comes to the "rumored" Battlefield 3 Premium Service.

We can happily confirm that the Battlefield 3 Premium Content Service is no rumor, and is definitely set to launch on June 4th, 2012, along with the double XP for PC players.

When the "rumor" first started circulating, we had a credible source, which turned out to be right. Now we have multiple sources which are all saying the exact same thing.

The date may be subject to change as of now, since this post has gone live, but remember - it's coming, and with the mix reaction of fans, who knows where it'll take the Battlefield franchise.

Here's some the information regarding Battlefield Premium. Thanks to our good friend 32bita:

Battlefield Premium contains all 5 Battlefield expansion packs with early access, new camos, and exclusive in-game items for a one-time fee.

*sigh*

I miss the days when gaming was about gaming and not about making money. The free2play/cash grab market is having way too big of an impact on gaming in general.

I've only fired up BF3 once in the last month as I'm just so disgusted with the direction this game is heading.

*sigh*

I miss the days when gaming was about gaming and not about making money. The free2play/cash grab market is having way too big of an impact on gaming in general.

I've only fired up BF3 once in the last month as I'm just so disgusted with the direction this game is heading.

When was that?

This is the evolution of mainstream gaming. It had to come to BF sometime.

Not that I too don't miss the days when it was buy it and forget it.

If you don'tlike this direction then I suggest you check out Kickstarter and fund any non-big company game out there. That way you have more of a say.

The premium service is a one time fee only, so it doesn't seem all too bad. It is basically just buying all expansion packs at once before they are released rather than a subscription.

Good thing I waited a week, it's currently $29.99 (plus taxes :() til Tuesday.

Great price! IMO I would still pay $60 for it today...and I will happily purchase the DLC as well.

However the whole unlock/level purchases really rub me the wrong way.

Back