• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Battlefield 3: Official Thread

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Nice...Thats why I want my system built NOW and fully vetted for maximum gaming!

I was thinking the same thing. Perhaps I could build a new rig now, pay most of it off, then drop another load of cash on a watercooling setup. I've been looking forward to, and fearing, the release of BF3. It's going to be AWESOME, but it's going to make me spend lots of money.

Last edited:
Yeah, IMO COD 4 is still the best of them all.

Yup, that is the unfortunate truth. But hey who cares we got BF3 to play!

Def'n:

Activisioned, verb

1) The perpetual recreation of an idea till all semblance of originality and innovation is gone.

2) The constant running into the ground of innovative franchises

3) The consistent annualization of products which require more development time than a simple 18 month cycle.

- "Goodness, they really activisioned that Tony Hawk series, that could have been an exceptional franchise"
- "Wow I love COD4 it's the best military based game since BF2... to bad the series has now been activisioned"

This game is one of my main excuses for upgrading in the fall.. LGA2011 baby! ;) Man this game looks amazing.

The thing I'm looking forward to the most about BF3 on the PC, besides the spectacular visuals, will be gaming with mature players again. I think this is due to the majority of PC enthusiasts being older and actually having to sink a good chunk of change into a nice rig to play games like BF3. That, and games like BF2 actually took a little more skill to play when compared to COD. Having to lead your shots and compensate for bullet drop doesn't appeal to all the little kiddies playing on consoles. It'll be a relief getting back to a game where teamwork and communication will decide whether you win or lose. :thup:

............/\
.........../^\
........../^^\
........./^^^\
......../^^^^\
......./^^^^^\
.........]^^^[
.........]^^^[
.........]^^^[
.........]^^^[
WIN

Last edited:
The thing I'm looking forward to the most about BF3 on the PC, besides the spectacular visuals, will be gaming with mature players again. I think this is due to the majority of PC enthusiasts being older and actually having to sink a good chunk of change into a nice rig to play games like BF3. That, and games like BF2 actually took a little more skill to play when compared to COD. Having to lead your shots and compensate for bullet drop doesn't appeal to all the little kiddies playing on consoles. It'll be a relief getting back to a game where teamwork and communication will decide whether you win or lose. :thup:

Ever heard of Project Reality?

Yes, I recall it being one of the best BF2 mods available. I just never really got into the mods. To me, they always felt a little incomplete, like they could have a used a little more work...just my opinion.

Well BF3 is gonna blow PR out of the water anyway lol.

Ever heard of Project Reality?

Problem is that particular crowd is very small. And there's an even bigger learning curve with them. Hence why any retail realism/milsim game has never been a huge success.

The fine line between realism/gameplay/fun is what makes money. And this is why the BF series has always been successful. That and nobody else seems to want to include vehicles in their games that are worth a crap.

I love reading interviews like that. It's nice to know that they are actually worried about what the PC community will think of the game. It sounds like they are truly putting more time and effort in the game for the PC. I hope they stay true to their word.

Exactly, from what I have read/heard it seems like they are taking a step in the right direction, it is developers like this that will push gaming to the next level. Without technological advances the industry becomes stagnant, which hinders innovation a key component to the advancement of the industry.

Back