• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Battlefield/Specialforces who is getting it?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
ninthebin said:
after I bought road to rome, I vowed I would never buy a battlefield expansion again - so ill have to sit this one out ;)

I was just thinking the same thing, except about Secret Weapons lol.

i dunno, im kinda burned out on bf2....after gunnery sgt. i already had all the guns i would ever want/use.....i dont' play much anymore, thank god that addiction is over

ninthebin said:
after I bought road to rome, I vowed I would never buy a battlefield expansion again - so ill have to sit this one out ;)

Things are different since Trauma Studios has been aquired by Digital Illusions,Trauma is the makers of Battlefield 1942 Desert Combat mod, the true brains behind BF2.

http://www.traumastudios.com/press.html

I am definitely getting this Special Forces expansion pack

I dont know yet. Will this one work perfectly out of the box not needing major patching? As of now the lag I get from BF2 is horrid. It was fine before the 1.03 patch.

AdvanS13 said:
is the expansion pack only for single player?

Umm, no. Actualy, I wouldnt be surprised if there is no singleplayer this time around. The biggest thing with this expansion is night missions, and using all that realy cool special forces gear, more vehicles, and weapons to unlock again. And 13 new maps.

Oh and the AH-64 Apache.

Hate to burst a bubble, but the expansion is made by DICE:Canada, infamous for all the BF1942 expansions and BFV.

I am wary, but I did kind of like Road to Rome...

IMO, BF1942 isn't a 1/10th as good as BF2. DC was a huge step in the right direction, but the FPS portion of the original game was terrible. Based on that opinion, I can't compare this expansion to any previous attempts, because the base they are building off of is so much better than it was before.

Again, that's just my opinion...

I <3 BF2 and so I'll be getting the expansion :)

I sure did miss my A-10 in BF2, that and my AC-130. Hopefully with the addition of the driver assist system there will be more incentive to use the Spectra properly.

Back