• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Been a while, but I'm back - and I need folding help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

I.M.O.G.

Glorious Leader
Been quite a while since I folded, as I haven't had anything that is really worth folding on. I still don't but I figured I should go ahead and get back into the fold anyways. :)

So I just installed the SMP client on my i3-2100 HTPC CPU, following chasr's guide.

However, I noticed once the install was finished and I started the folding service, fahcore_a4.exe started running at 99% CPU load. Since I installed the SMP client, shouldn't it be running fahcore_a3.exe or fahcore_a5.exe?

I don't know anything, so if this is normal no problem - just want to make sure I didn't screw up the passkey or make some mistake. What is the best way to make sure it is running to its full potential on my PC?

One exception is that I left the memory setting at default - it detected 8GB of ram, so rather than specifying 2001 as chasr's guide instructed, I left it at the default, which was the 8GB.

EDIT: Everything looks fine in the log file, looks like it read the passkey correctly, and I completed my first step on project 7200 in 6 minutes, 2 seconds.

you are doing good.
SMP has three types: A3, A4 and A5 WUs. Unfortunately, your i3 does not meet the requirement for A5 (needs 12 cores)
So, i3 can only fold A3/A4 WUs.
More details on WUs can see here

Project 7200 @ 6:2 TPF would give you 5.3K PPD when the bonus kicks in (after 10 SMP WUs completed with 80% or better rate).
http://linuxforge.net/bonuscalc2.php

Back